Girls in Space in space is currently postponed due to the temporary closure of Innerspace skatepark. We will keep you update on as we receive more information.
Girls in Space is a great time for families of all ages to come and skate!
Do you have a young girl that is itching to learn to skate? A family that wants to learn together? Well, Girls in Space is here to help! Skate Like a Girl rents Innerspace for two hours so kids and parents can learn to skate. The whole idea behind Girls In Space is that men and boys can be a part of our girl-positive atmosphere.
Clinics are from 10am-12pm. We start at 10:30 am, so come at 10 am to check-in and put on gear. After the clinic volunteer instructors are still around to cheer you on and give you tips.
Are you a gal that has already logged sometime on skateboard, and you just want to roll around the ramps? Well, we have Drop-in Skate time from 11am – 12pm.
Suggested Donation: $20 for a clinic, $5 for drop-in skate, $5 to borrow gear.
Innerspace - 3506 1/2 Stone Way N.Seattle WA
Families are welcome (that means dads and brothers).
- Girls in Space takes place at an indoor park called Innerspace Skatepark in Wallingford
- Every Sunday from 10am -12pm starting in October
- Suggested Donation of $5 for drop-in skate / $20 for a clinic, first come, first serve
- Program limited to the first 30 people (we suggested registering in advance)
- Clinic includes use of equipment (limited sizes) and 1 hour of group lessons
- Cash, check, cards accepted
- Drop-in skaters must yield to lessons
If you are interested in scheduling a group please contact us and provide the following information:
- Your contact information
- Group name / Size / Age Range
- What equipment you will need?
- Contact: GIS@skatelikeagirl.com / 206.973.8005
To ensure that you get a clinic please register beforehand!
If you are a returning Girls in Space participant – and you want to stay in the loop and connect with skaters and parents you have met, join our Girls in Space Facebook Group